Help with Handycam and download

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

We got this new (to us) home computer and I'm PO'd because I cannot find the disc that came with our Sony Handycam. So I thought I'd be smart and go to the Sony website, enter in the product I have and just download what is on the disc. It was pretty easy to find and seemed pretty straight forward. Here's the link...

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRHC38&SelectOS=7#div_pos_124

But first it gives you the option of either "Run" or "Save"...I never know which to choose, but fwiw, I ended up saving first and when that didn't work, I got rid of those files and started over and tried just running.

I just can't get it to download the files so I can download videos from the camera to my computer. It is just not accepting the hardware (camera). I'm frustrated...not that any of you can fix it, but why was our IT guy able to download all the stuff for our HP printer from the web (we lost that disc too), but I can't download this stupid thing?
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

this would be VERY difficult for anyone remotely to troubleshoot. Are you using USB, Firewire, etc to connect the camera. What model is it? Have you looked for the drivers for this camera? blah blah blah.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

after you saved the file did you then go run the file you saved?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.