John Brown is "a Gator"

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

John Brown is "a Gator"

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

The status of freshman defensive tackle John Brown seems a little bit clearer after Thursday's practice. Although Meyer did not say whether Brown has received his papers from the NCAA Clearinghouse that would allow him to play college football, he did say that the highly regarded lineman from Lakeland will remain in school this fall.

Brown, a 6-1, 295-pound high school All-American that was rated among the best defensive linemen in the country last year, completed some make-up courses at Lakeland High School this summer to raise his GPA to a qualifying level. He was unable to participate in the Summer B program at the University of Florida because he was busy doing school work.

Brown helped to lead Lakeland to three straight state championships, two straight national high school championships and 45 straight victories. He came to Florida in August and participated in two weeks of summer practice before he had to stop while waiting for the paper work. He has remained on campus and has begun attending classes.

“I’m very proud of him,” said Meyer. “He’s busting his tail. He never went through an offseason program. He’s going through one now. He’s getting in shape.”

Because he didn’t attend the summer B program, Brown didn’t have the chance to get used to college academics. Meyer said that getting comfortable academically is the most important thing Brown will accomplish this fall.

“The most important thing is getting acclimated to college life, the academic part of it, and that’s what he’s doing now,” said Meyer.

Asked if Brown will go back to Lakeland until things are fully clarified, Meyer said, “He’s a Gator! We’ll do everything possible we can [to keep him on campus]. The most important thing is get settled in that classroom so he can have some success.”

If all goes well and Brown gets the clearance he needs this fall, he will be able to participate in spring football.

TheTodd

John Brown is "a Gator"

Post by TheTodd »

Good news.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
apexgator

John Brown is "a Gator"

Post by apexgator »

Sounds like he will not contribute this year.
radbag

John Brown is "a Gator"

Post by radbag »

phenom