Genius

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
G8rMom7

Genius

Post by G8rMom7 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

Taxing the rich to pay for health care

Are there any rich people left? Seriously, is the goal of this administration to make sure that all people making over $250 only get to clear about $50K of that? We are going to have a nation of worker bees with no one willing to take the financial risk to run a business and pay them. Oh, that's right, we'll all be working for the gubment.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Genius

Post by annarborgator »

Absolutely agree. They want a citizenry that is as reliant on the government as possible, I think. The tax implications of being self-employed are scary as hell to me.

These bastids are starting to make me want to be poor the rest of my life. I bet I could survive on $12k a year if I had to...we'll see how well the government functions when their tax revenues are destroyed. Fuck'em.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Genius

Post by MinGator »

What better way to get re-elected than to get everyone on Gov't support that you hand out. There aren't many in our increasingly lazy society that are on Gov't support that would vote for someone who wants to reverse the hand-outs.

I'm ok with the Gov't lending a helping hand, but all of these programs should have limits on either time or money given to an individual. The help should all be temporary.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Genius

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Concur with 95. m7, this is exactly what bho said he was going to do.

G8rMom7

Genius

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^But I thought this one is in ADDITION to the taxes he talked about during the campaign...which is why I figure he expects people that make over 250 to really only clear about 50 after ALL the new taxes on them.

By the way, for Bill and I to get by with 4 kids we need at minimum $100K a year between the two of us...and that's in Kissimmee. If we lived in NY or CA you'd have to double that. If I lived in those states, I would SO be moving right now.
Okay, let's try this!