Athletics a University Prez's busines???

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

It is according to the [url=http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/COLUMNIST12/707160323/1002/SPORTS]Tallahassee Democrat[/url]

Opinions, of course, are already being formed with sides taken. And one conclusion reached by his opponents is that Wetherell is meddling where he should not. His charge as president is to nurture and strengthen the university as an institution of learning. The plate of academia is full enough.

But FSU athletics matter to Wetherell. Truth be told, they do to his bosses who sit on the Board of Trustees as well. It is the way Wetherell has been since he took over in 2003. And it's the way it should be for any university president.

Do you agree??

I damn sure don't. I think the University Prez should hire the best person (AD) for the job to nurture athletics, but shouldn't meddle in the day to day like Wetherell. You can tell where your Univ. President's priorities lie when the football stadium is named after him.

This pisses me off more than just at the rivalry level. While the Law School is doing fairly well in the rankings and while the Law School is technically separate from the undergraduate school, it looks bad on me when their undergraduate is so poor. It must improve. Sadly, with TK, I don't think he cares enough. That god damn circus must go, too.

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Werd, Hater. Hire a good AD and then let that person do the job. Don't you guys have a good dance school, though?
radbag

Post by radbag »

i don't disagree hater...his involvement will then be DIRECT when he hires an AD to assume the responsibilities.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

well, hiring an AD, I do agree is a President's business, and the best possible AD should be hired (same as hiring other faculty and staff). I don't think the President should make micromanaging the Athletics department his main focus, however, especially when the school is ranked 112. Seems like there should be other priorities, IMO.