Iranian violence

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

In case anyone's interested, here are the 2 sites I'm using to get reports and media from inside Iran:

Videos and pictures updated daily (warning: quite a bit of graphic violence, blood, etc): http://iran360.posterous.com/

Twitter account that gives regular updates (as long as they aren't moving to a new internet connection): http://twitter.com/persiankiwi

It's scary to think that they have a Constitution guaranteeing them (among other things) the right to free assembly and this is still possible.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Iranian violence

Post by Tipmoose »

I can't feel too sorry for em. Guess Im just an old callous SOB. But we saw the same ones cheering and handing out candy when the towers fell.

We (and they) get the government we (they) deserve.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

And you know those are the "same ones" how exactly? Or do you just mean brown people in the desert with their faces covered, in general?
Tipmoose

Iranian violence

Post by Tipmoose »

I mean exactly what I said. In case you're not 'up' on what Islam really means let me break it down for ya....there are two types of Islamics. Those who think NOW is the time to subvert the world to Islam, and those who think its NOT YET TIME.

Therefore, I don't really give two shits about them or their problems. In fact, the more they fight and kill one another over THERE the better I like it. Means there's less of em to worry about coming over here and killing us.
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

You would love the senseless violence, pain, and suffering in the videos and pics in my 1st link, then.

Can you explain how you came to your conclusion about the two purportedly exclusive groups within the muslim community? It seems that the point of every religion is to subvert as many followers as possible to its respective tenets, but I doubt there's any single religion that's wholly comprised of believers who want to subvert the entire world's population. You're saying that there are no moderate or free-thinking muslims? Or that the free-thinking muslims still want to force every single person in the world to live according to strict Islamic law?

Just making sure I've got you straight here...if that's your POV, I would be interested in knowing how you came to your conclusion.
Tipmoose

Iranian violence

Post by Tipmoose »

On several occasions I've spoken with a special forces soldier who has worked around, and with muslims for 25 years. He is currently involved in work associated with domestic security and homeland defense.

He has no reason to lie to me. He's read the Quran from cover to cover several times, and its just as brutal, if not moreso, than the Old Testament of the Bible. There is, however, no NEW Testament to the Quran.

Finally, his discussions with clerics, extremists, and so-called moderates of the Islamic faith have all indicated what I posted. If someone actively believes and follows Islam as it is laid out in the Quran, then they believe that it is their duty to convert the entire world to Islam and to enslave those who refuse to be converted. The only debate is when.

From what Ive seen, I believe him.
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

Interesting. I'll have to read the Quran when I get a chance.
Tipmoose

Iranian violence

Post by Tipmoose »

Another thing about the Quran (according to John) is that you have to read it in the order the books were written because only the last writing on a topic is considered to be binding. And, of course, they don't appear in chronological order in the Quran.
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

Just to be clear...the last writing in time is the only considered binding? As in...going in the order that Muhammad wrote them down?
G8rMom7

Iranian violence

Post by G8rMom7 »

aa, I just want to address what you said about all religions wanting to convert as many people...I can only speak to Christianity because that is what I know...you're right...we are obliged to spread the word of God and his love for us to as many people as possible. It's not to submit them into thinking a way that they don't want to...it's because we are supposed to love each other as God loves us and you wouldn't want someone you care for and love to live a life without knowing God's love and hopefully find their purpose in life. Of course all of this is not supposed to be done with violence or force though...I guess that's where the New Testiment comes into play.

I'm on the fence about Iran...I always feel for the people..especially the women and children. I feel so blessed to live in a country that (for now) is so prosperous and free...where you have hope and you can be fairly certain you can keep your children safe (relatively speaking). I would hope that if there are those over there who are sick and tired of not being able to have the lives they hope for themselves and their children, that they are able to either 1. change things over there for the better or 2. leave and go somewhere they can make a better life for their family.

that's just my .02
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

From a friend on Facebook, if anyone's interested: "If you're on Twitter, set your location to Tehran & your time zone to GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location/timezone searches. The more people at this location, the more of a logjam it creates for forces trying to shut down Iranians' access to the internet."
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

Being reported that Rafsanjani is working behind the scenes to undermine Khamenei's support...Rafsanjani is giving military leaders the choice of supporting the government or the people...

Man, the world is nuts...thank god for the internet.
Tipmoose

Iranian violence

Post by Tipmoose »

Just to be clear...the last writing in time is the only considered binding? As in...going in the order that Muhammad wrote them down?
Yes. Thats right. According to my SF guy, if there are multiple writings that address a topic, the one that must be followed is the most recently written one. Chronologically. There seems to be much confusion about when various "suras" were written.
annarborgator

Iranian violence

Post by annarborgator »

That's bizarre...lol but I suppose it explains why they need a committee of clerics to set the laws and Catholics can make do with just one pope.