If this happens here, I'm out

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Let's hope this doesn't become a trend...
Dutch supermarkets are hoping to phase out the use of cash by 2014, the Financieele Dagblad reports on Thursday, quoting the retail board CBL.

The aim of the ban on cash is to make supermarkets less vulnerable to armed robberies, the paper says.
{. . .}
Other solutions will be found for customers who do not want to use direct debit cards, a CBL spokesman said. 'Technology is making enormous advances. Trials are also being done with payment by mobile phone, but you can also pay with a finger print or iris scan,' the spokesman said.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2009/06/supermarkets_set_to_refuse_cas.php
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

don't want to be tracked, AA?

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Funny, me and a buddy had been discussing the whole terrible idea of the disappearance of a cash society about 20 years ago. Blind faith in banks to me is crazy, specifically now that some are under Gov't control.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I can understand the concern with this but I am guilty of never using cash anymore. I just don't feel comfortable having cash on me...especially in the large amounts that I need when getting my family's necessities.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

i too swipe whenever/where ever i can...i don't ask for receipts anymore because i get it on my statement which is easier for me to track...PLUS, it's the 'green' way...but i try and keep some singles and large bills on my person at all times just in case.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

don't want to be tracked, AA?
Hell no. :cowboy:
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.