The Government and the Press are now one and the same.

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

^^^think you meant that for my other post.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Yep...thanks...fixed.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I heard Bill Frist speaking about this today and he explained (in a pretty good way) why Europeans are okay with their healthcare system (where only 45% of their cancer victims survive...compared to US's 65%)...Europeans have a culture where they feel that the collective good is more important than having the best care...it's all okay that they have to wait 6 months for a hip replacement because it's equal...everyone has to wait. And the sacrifice for good care is worth it because it's all fair and equal.

So far I don't think Americans think that way...they want the best quality for the best price...period. And for those libs who agree that it's worth sacrificing quality for the sake of the overall good...we do that already? Been to an emergency room lately? There are plenty of uninsured folks getting the care they need for NOTHING...why? Because MY insurance overpays to compensate.

Do I think that is right? No...but I don't think the solution is to sacrifice good quality medical care so that these folks WILL be able to pay for it...or rather the gov't (and my tax dollars) will pay for it. Reform is needed but it should be based more on the free market and competition.

I am VERY concerned about this and extremely disappointed that Disney company would be one of the many news orgs that have abandoned all journalistic ethics. Sick really.
Okay, let's try this!

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

It is very disturbing that ABC has chosen to handle the situation this way. This moves up into Exhibit-A as how the media leans so far left as to defy gravity.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I see we're continuing the steady march to pure fascism. I love that the focus is on selling the proposal rather than coming up with a proposal that's good enough to sell itself.

And I still can't find the authority in the Constitution for requiring me to join such a program. The best argument for such authority, I suppose, is the taxing authority...but that seems rather thin justification to me.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I already pay for my own health care, now i'll be forced through more taxes to pay for everyone else's too.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^And make sure EVERYONE gets crappy care...we drive doctors to choose other professions because what is the motivation for them to incure huge student loan debt...oh wait I forgot...there will still be plenty of doctors because college and med school will now be free for all right? No one will actually be making any money anymore. Can you tell I'm very very concerned about this issue?

I'm glad I just got myself a new pair of glasses yesterday...I'm guessing these are going to have to last me for quite some time since I'm sure I will get my eye care insurance cut next year.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I'm worried most about the "no one will actually be making money"...this will become a bigger issue as people choose to NOT achieve so as to avoid the punishment of higher taxes...and once even those capable choose not to achieve...well, then, we're cooked.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I really wish the big thinkers of the country would start trying to come up with better ideas to 'fix' the healthcare system in the US. I still have to question if it is broken or not. I think it could use a tune up but I don't think it has failed.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

^^^concur.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I totally concur Todd! And what's the rush? Are people being turned away at hospitals? Is our mortality rate climbing at an alarming number? Are people NOT coming to this country to get the best medical help there is? I don't get it!!???
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Issue #1: This country has no big thinkers. Certainly not among our leaders.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

it gets better (or worse)...

Now ABC won't even allow opposing views to pay for Ads during the infomercial.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaot1.htm

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Are they not going to air any paid ads at all during the infomercial? Or are they just refusing to air paid ads by opponents?

The first line says, "ABC is refusing to air paid ads during its White House health care presentation...", which makes it sound like there won't be any ads at all. Will be interesting to see...I think it's worse if they're going to air paid ads generally but not opposition ads...of course, no ads at all really makes it more like an infomercial.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Well my guess is they didn't want any ads so as not to be accused of denying ads to the opposition.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I was asked to call into the Orlando Tea Party group here in Central FL...they have a radio show every Saturday on some podunk AM station...anyway, I got in touch with them online during the Tax Day Tea Parties and I still get emails, joined their FB group, etc. They had posted something about BHO's health care plan and I asked if there was anything we could do to express our concerns (call/write ABC, etc.) They wrote back asking me to get some numbers of ABC news, their sponsors etc and call into their radio show this weekend.

I got ABC's address and number but I have no idea who their sponsors for this show would be or who they are in general...I probably could find out through work but that makes me uncomfortable because...well, I don't want to get fired in this economy over something like this.
Okay, let's try this!

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

You're going to need your job to pay your health care taxes.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Meh...I'm sure Disney will drop their insurance and make us all get the ObamaCare...this is why I'm happy I got new glasses for the girls and myself...hopefully they will last us for a while...I doubt ObamaCare will include eye coverage like I have...I get a new pair of glasses every year. Lainie and Tatum cost $40 together for both their appointment and their glasses.
Okay, let's try this!

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

This article, while I don't completely agree with the analogy, raises an interesting point all the same. Even better are the comments if you click the link at the bottom. A lot to read but some of the comments do an even better job of explaining the problem with gov't health care.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/06/health_care_is_not_that_compli.html
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Pretty good article 95....agree that the comments were even better...it really seems like the biggest problem with healthcare is people's expectations regarding their access to 'healthcare'....that sense of entitlement, of course, gives the central tyranny...err...government...the perfect reason to step in and make yet another senseless power grab.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I just sent in this "question" that they supposedly are soliciting on abcnews.com. It doesn't say to "click here to submit a question" it says "tell your story" or something like that...shady. But I posted this anyway...

I wanted to submit a question that I hope someone will ask the President in this forum.

Will you please look into the camera and sincerely either admit or deny that this Health Care reform is the first step in a long term goal of having a single-payer universal health care program similar to the ones in Europe and Canada?

President Obama got elected under the guise of him being rather moderate but so far every step he's made is to the very FAR LEFT.

ABC, since you will not allow opposing opinions on this forum I hope you will at least allow very direct and critical questions of the President and not just allow him to do his very well-rehersed sales job on the hard working American people who elected him into office.
Okay, let's try this!

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

That question got stopped at the firewall. :)