Innovation, change, progress? NOPE...Obama settles for stability

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Again, stability wins out over change and progress.

The president has said on several occasions, including in yesterday's speech, that "I've always been a strong believer in the power of the free market." But his administration's prescriptions tell a different story. In AIG, GM, Chrysler, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac we can see the future that the administration envisions for our economy -- a sclerotic and unchanging structure of big companies working with, protected by, and relying on big government.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124528373595925623.html

Fuck you Obama, you ignorant wretch.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

And his "reforms" planned for the financial sector are terrible:
But based on what we see so far, there is little reason to be encouraged. The reform process appears to be have been captured at an early stage – by design the lobbyists were let into the executive branch’s working, so we don’t even get to have a transparent debate or to hear specious arguments about why we really need big banks.

Writing in the New York Times today, Joe Nocera sums up, “If Mr. Obama hopes to create a regulatory environment that stands for another six decades, he is going to have to do what Roosevelt did once upon a time. He is going to have make some bankers mad.”

Good point – but Nocera is thinking about the wrong Roosevelt (FDR). In order to get to the point where you can reform like FDR, you first have to break the political power of the big banks, and that requires substantially reducing their economic power - the moment calls more for Teddy Roosevelt-type trustbusting, and it appears that is exactly what we will not get.
http://baselinescenario.com/2009/06/18/too-big-to-fail-politically/

This is one of those things I can never wrap my mind around...the goddamn liberals yelled and screamed when claiming Bush/Cheney were doing dirty shit to make money for their connections...where are they now when THEIR BOY is the one rolling over for his special interest groups.

I hope shit collapses just to teach slide and his lockstep brethren a lesson.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Lessons are worthless if the students refuse to learn.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.