why is everyone dissing the POTUS?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

They're just preparing for the final marginalization of the American hedgemon.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

That didn't really happen, Rad. Its clearly a product of clever editing by Faux News.

I know, because I heard about it on Colbert, and the Daily Show will be doing an expose on it forthwith.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
radbag

Post by radbag »

seriously....wtf?

the leader of the free world gets passed over??? i need a comment from the left.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Wow, was this after his speech to rally the Muslim world to our side?

If so, 'How's that workin' out for ya?'

Seriously, are we the laughing stock of the world. Even as many folks as claimed to hate Bush; they would have at least respected the office enough to shake his hand.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

seriously, take it for whatever it is worth...and mind you - it shouldn't affect anyones opinion on anything but just wanted to share with ya...i play quite a bit of poker online and a lot of the players are from europe and asia...opinions of the US are plentisome and seem to be in unison...everyone thinks bush is an idiot...everyone thinks they speak better english than bush...everyone thinks jeb bush is gonna be the next pres albeit 10 years from now....AND :

everyone thinks obama's a poser....laughing stock to say the least.

again - this is based on unsolicited conversations i've not taken part in...i'd say my observations were based on chattings on about 7-8 different occasions and with about at least 20-24 different people...i don't agree w/it obviously but just wanted to report my observations.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

What the hell are you talking about? Who thinks this, not counting the right wing of this country.

BTW - Jeb will NEVER be POTUS. We had two disasters in WH named Bush, and W ensured that we will never have another.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

my prediction...Obama will fuck shit up so badly that Republicans will again assume control. However, it will be fucked up so badly that it will be damn near irreversible.

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Dream on - my prediction is that the Republicans will nominate some right wing extremist in 2012 and get destroyed. I base that on the fact that since Iowa has now legalized gay marriage, the only way someone will survive that primary will be to build their campaign on social issues.

I also predict that the Republicans will continue their purging of moderates, forcing their party further to the right. And in doing so they will continue to lose. I base that on the articles that I have read showing that they have lost ground in every demographic except for white evangelicals.

I almost feel sorry for Republicans. Almost. Currently I am enjoying the self destruction of their party.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
radbag

Post by radbag »

^ but why is the POTUS being dissed? better yet, why are they dissing the POTUS?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Dream on - my prediction is that the Republicans will nominate some right wing extremist in 2012 and get destroyed. I base that on the fact that since Iowa has now legalized gay marriage, the only way someone will survive that primary will be to build their campaign on social issues.

I also predict that the Republicans will continue their purging of moderates, forcing their party further to the right. And in doing so they will continue to lose. I base that on the articles that I have read showing that they have lost ground in every demographic except for white evangelicals.

I almost feel sorry for Republicans. Almost. Currently I am enjoying the self destruction of their party.
All the Republicans have to do is adopt the platform of the anti-federalists; it solves many of the issues that divide the current regime and unifies the true base. Of course, I doubt the party leadership has the foresight to see the truth of this proposition, so you may well be right...I'm becoming desensitized to how badly any immensely powerful group of people can make horrid decisions in governance policies.

Now...back on topic...people don't see us as the pre-ordained superbly powerful hedgemon any longer...we're being marginalized just like the sands of an hourglass run out. They focus us on the action and it's almost mesmerizing, but we fail to realize that soon it's going to end unceremoniously as we each catch our breath in our throat, trying to figure out how there could possibly be no more sand. Then we'll blink and, hopefully, find something more productive to hold our attention. Of course that will mean decentralizing power since the only way to engender the free creation of human capital is to let it find its most productivity capacity...will we use the only resource we have left?

Or will the oligarchy reign until Rome burns once again?

As Twain instructed: History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I surely hope you aren't enjoying the distruction of the American ideals such as freedom and liberty...I'm much more worried about this than I am whether we have a two party system or who is making the other side look like boobs etc.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

My suspicion, m7: Obama 2012 at any cost. The only goal is "winning", even if it means we all lose.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

The problem is that is much the same for both sides. The two party system has become an abject failure IMO.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

So how do we convince the participants, who do nothing but get wrapped up in winning, that we're all losing? I don't see how to convince someone like that.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

AA, I really wish I had the answer to that question. Obama sold hope which is all a lot of the country was concerned with last November and it didn't matter what his real policy positions were. McCain was only selling I'm not Bush and I'm not the other guy. And that's all the f'n choices we got. No substance, no connection with reality, no connection with the real people.
Eh, I've said it before, I detest our two party system. A third candidate only threatens to take votes from one party whom he is closest in alignment with, thus nearly guaranteeing that the other part wins.
I wish we had term limits for all of congress, because once you're in there I think it's all about staying there and not about doing what you think is right.