Now that Obama's in office, Newsweek declares "Victory in Iraq"

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Don't worry, AA, I guess we won't have to bomb them much longer.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/200858/page/1

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

It can't be a victory if any of them are still alive.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

cut the crap, AA.

You're usually open to a civil discussion. Apparently, not on this issue.

radbag

Post by radbag »

"sarcasm"
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

cut the crap, AA.

You're usually open to a civil discussion. Apparently, not on this issue.
LOL c'mon hater...you dropped a one-liner at me in the OP so I dropped one back at ya...no big deal.

As for the article...I'm glad to read they seem to be on the right track and I wonder how much of the story we don't know due to, yet again, shitty news dissemination. The title is entirely inconsistent with this crucial portion of the article, IMO:
Iraq's peace remains fragile. The only way that it will be broadened and deepened is through a genuine political bargain, in which each of the three major communities in Iraq feel that they have been included in the sharing of the country's power and wealth.
It has a chance to work, so long as we don't continuously find new ways to breed extremism around the world. Y'all act like our past actions have had NO hand at all in creating extremism...of course, my usual positions are too far the other way...it's somewhere in the middle in reality. Plenty of it comes from crazy fucks who just need to be dead, yes. But we made it easier for those crazy fucks to find thousands of followers.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

the one liner wasn't meant at you, AA. It was meant to the writer of the article who, now that Obama is in office, has no problem claiming we have won in Iraq when so long as Bush was in office it was an utter disaster.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LOL true......I also loved how the guy characterized Obama's speech in Egypt: "President Obama delivered an eloquent, intelligent speech last Thursday that succeeded in its core task, reaching out to mainstream Muslim communities across the world."

I mean, how brown must his damn nose be? And there's no way we've won this thing since Obama got in office, IMO...so did it happen before? Or are we still waiting? I guess it depends on what we call victory in this sitch. I don't think we're quite there...think the reporter jumped the gun...either way he's a terribly inconsistent writer.