I don't care about it.

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I don't care about it.

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Ok, first of all, Glavine hasn't been able to bring it for 3 years. Further, Wren is right, your pitching line is irrelevant in Class A ball. His fastball now tops out at around 79 mph on his best days. He has been getting lit up in the majors and it was unbearable to watch the last half of last season.

There are probably quite a few Braves fans (myself included) who are happy with trying out a younger arm over Glavine. This may not be the best way to part ways, but as for the W-L column, this was probably the better move.

Yeah, Hater, we agree on most of this. I know he's not the pitcher he used to be. I know it might be a better investment to give the kid the ball.

Doesn't matter. You are the GM and this guy is one of the two pillars of your success over the last 20 years. Whether you're gonna let him pitch again in the bigs or not, you don't shitcan him without notice. You make a better scene of it than this.

In today's baseball world, there are very few guys I would speak up for. I mean very few. But Glavine is one of them.

there were more than 2 pillars in that run (Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux, Chipper, and even David Justice to some degree), but your point is well taken. However, you and a lot of other people have a major beef with MLB for the strike. Well, he was the representative for the Players' Association during that time...why does he get a pass? Plus, the aforementioned defection to the Mets. How would you have made a better scene?

MinGator

I don't care about it.

Post by MinGator »

Like the thread title states...I don't care about it.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8Rpmc

I don't care about it.

Post by G8Rpmc »

Geeze....after reading more of this thread, I'm glad I can look forward to the Ladies Football Clinic in the Swamp. June 20....Whooo!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
Mlrtime

I don't care about it.

Post by Mlrtime »

He was offered the option to retire as a Brave and declined it. At that point he was released.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

I don't really care, as a sort of fairweather Cubs fan in fatal decline, that Sammy Sosa's name has been released.

At this point I'm sort of hoping that Griffey is a juicer too, simply because he's a totally nice guy, I totally don't suspect him as a juicer, and if Griffey's dirty, then that means that basically the record book since the day Jose Canseco joined the league is corrupt and should be housed in a totally separate volume from that in which Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey, and even Mike Schmidt played.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

I hope Mrs. Mickelson's cancer goes away, but I really plan to miss the US Open broadcast this weekend because I can't stand all the horse shit about how breast cancer has inspired her husband.

Stop trying to suggest to me that because the participants and their family members have struggled and experienced hurt and death that sports is somehow ennobled and relevant. It's empty bullshit. Stop it.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I don't care about it.

^^^amen.

I'm going to watch because I want to see if Tiger can win it.

MinGator

I don't care about it.

Post by MinGator »

While I feel bad for her situation. I agree that it really has no place in the coverage of the event.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

And on a barely related note, I think any asshole who guarantees a victory in an upcoming game should have to put up a couple million dollars as restitution in the all-too-frequent event that a victory does not follow.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

I decided I don't care if Mark Cuban buys my Cubs or not.

One more asshole making noise isn't gonna drown out the crack of the bat any more than it's already drowned out.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

Want to hear the funniest thing I've heard all morning?

[spoiler]Hey, only two weeks till the Tour de France![/spoiler]
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

This post constitutes a redaction of an extremely regrettable off-color joke about Michelle Wie.

We apologize for the lapse in our otherwise fastidious standards.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

Manny Acta. Gone? Nats win two of three vs. the Yankees -- saved?

He's a nice guy in a bad spot, but I don't care.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I don't care about it.

who?

texgator

I don't care about it.

Post by texgator »

This post constitutes a redaction of an extremely regrettable off-color joke about Michelle Wie.

We apologize for the lapse in our otherwise fastidious standards.

Dis-redact you bastard!
annarborgator

I don't care about it.

Post by annarborgator »

And on a barely related note, I think any asshole who guarantees a victory in an upcoming game should have to put up a couple million dollars as restitution in the all-too-frequent event that a victory does not follow.

A couple million if they lose and 10x if they win. Simply because they're going to be that much more obnoxious and juvenile if they get lucky enough to win.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

I don't care about it.

Post by annarborgator »

Solid baseball-related entertainment for you (has nothing to do with any actual baseball skill or game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngyMco72QA#
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

I don't care about it.

Post by radbag »

fucking A!
Mlrtime

I don't care about it.

Post by Mlrtime »

that's badass
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I don't care about it.

holy crap.

MinGator

I don't care about it.

Post by MinGator »

never seen that before. prolly can't hit past the pitcher though. :D
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

Yeah, that'll get him 3 minutes on Letterman.
Toothy

I don't care about it.

Post by Toothy »

Ryne Sandberg says the last 12 years of baseball can basically suck it. Sammy Sosa in particular.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsqpB1WKW41p7CJKUnQy4oY5nYcB?slug=ap-sosa-sandberg&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHICAGO (AP)—Former Chicago Cubs star Ryne Sandberg says Sammy Sosa(notes) doesn’t belong in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

“I don’t think so,” Sandberg told ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago on Tuesday. “Part of being in the Hall of Fame, they use the word integrity in describing a Hall of Famer, in the logo of the Hall of Fame, and I think there are going to be quite a few players that are not going to get in.”

Ryne Sandberg is a bit of a priss, I've always thought, but he was also a hell of a 2B and won a home run crown. And he is, in this case, right.
TheTodd

I don't care about it.

Post by TheTodd »

I don't care about Jon, Kate or any of their eight.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

I don't care about it.

Post by MinGator »

^yeah, modern day circus side show.