GM saying buh-bye to Pontiac......

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
radbag

Post by radbag »

...........and hummer, saturn, saab...it's a shame - hummer we all knew about but the solstice is a sweet looking ride...same for the saturn sky though i wouldn't buy either...the alternatives are way too better.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gm28-2009apr28,0,7093793.story

In a desperate bid to avoid bankruptcy, General Motors Corp. today launched a restructuring plan that would eliminate 2,600 dealers, 21,000 workers, $44 billion in debt and four brands, including Pontiac -- while leaving the U.S. government owning at least half of the troubled automaker.

In addition, GM will accelerate the wind-down of its Hummer, Saturn and Saab brands, ceasing production by year's end. Pontiac will be terminated after 2010.
radbag

Post by radbag »

how could i forget the trans-am...my dad had a grand prix as well.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Surprised the Saturn brand is taking a hit.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

don't know how the Pontiac Aztec didn't save the line. :)
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Yeah, that Aztec was a piece of shit looking car
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I figured Saturn was about the only viable segment they had? I wouldn't buy a Chevy if it was fo free, but I loved the one Saturn I had and I sure see plenty of them on the road.

I'm telling you, my next car is a Ford...I hope they come up with a good new gas friendly mini-van soon.
Okay, let's try this!