McCray to test the waters

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

McCray to test the waters

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Lerentee McCray may have committed to the University of Miami this summer, but that's not going to prevent him from taking some official visits to other schools this fall. McCray stays he is still committed to the Hurricanes but he needs to test the water a bit to see if Miami is truly the right school for him.

(See Lerentee McCray profile)

Right now, McCray’s main focus is on game one for his Dunnellon High School team. After months of training, Friday night begins his senior season and there is plenty of anticipation.

“We started our first preseason game this past Friday,” McCray said. “We did pretty good for the most part. My individual play was just pretty good, nothing great though. We should be pretty good this year. I think we’ll at least go 7-3.”
Dunnellon isn’t considered a big threat to win a state championship but that doesn’t stop McCray from standing out as one of the best linebackers in the state of Florida. He had plenty of scholarship offers but he chose the Hurricanes over the Florida Gators when it came time to commit. The Gators had location on their side, but the Hurricanes were his favorite team growing up and that was decisive.

He says even though he’s taking visits, he’s still a Hurricane.

“I’m still committed to Miami,” McCray said. “I think I might go down there next week for their first game on an unofficial visit.”

He had two schools and possibly a third on his official visit radar.

I’ll probably try to take an official to Wisconsin, Tennessee and maybe Florida,” McCray said. “I’ll take one official to one of those schools on my first off week of the season.”
McCray is 6-2 and 200 pounds, a little light for a linebacker. He has safety speed, however, and that’s the position LSU is recruiting him. Even though some schools think he would make a big time safety, McCray has his sights set on playing linebacker in college.
“To play linebacker at the college level, I think that I have to put some weight on, but that’s the position I’m the most comfortable at,” McCray said.

Even though he’s committed to the Hurricanes, Florida hasn’t backed off. Coach Charlie Strong and the Gators are maintaining a good relationship.

“I still talk to the Florida coaches,” McCray said. “Coach Strong is the one that I have the best relationship with. He just tells me that he isn’t just recruiting me for nothing and they still want me. They want me to play linebacker and have an impact on special teams.”